Let’s Talk About Malta
Get in touch and tell us what you need.
The right consultant for you will get back in touch.
We evaluate your needs.
We provide you with a tailored solution.
ABOUT MALTA PERMANENT RESIDENCY
The small historic island of Malta lies in the heart of the Mediterranean. The country has a very rich history with a great number of historic sites related to its succession of leaders including from the Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Romans, Byzantines, Moors, Normans, French and British. After 160 years of British rules, The Country obtained its independence in 1964.
- The 2 official languages of Malta are English and Maltese.
- It is a constitutional republic and parliamentary democracy, and the Prime Minister is the head of the Government.
- The country is a member of the major international organizations including the United Nations and the Council of Europe, the International Monetary Fund and is a member of the European Union as well as the Eurozone and the Schengen Area.
- The currency is the Euro.
- The island’s international airport is modern and efficient; connecting the island to most European cities via major airlines.
- The country has a warm Mediterranean climate with hot dry summers, short mild winters and a warm sunny spring, and autumn with adequate rainfall. The temperature is very stable.
- The capital of Malta is Valletta, which is the smallest national capital in the European Union
Having a Malta passport and dual citizenship benefits your future generations with increased political and economic freedom, as well as significant educational opportunities in the West.
If you’re interested in obtaining Malta passport and a second citizenship, please contact our team for a confidential consultation. We will be happy to assist you through process of obtaining Malta passport through its Citizenship by Investment program.
Citizens of good standing and their families may be granted full Malta Citizenship under an amendment passed in November 2013 to the Maltese Citizenship Act, Chapter 188 of the Laws of Malta. Applicants are required to contribute to the economic development of Malta, to provide proof of one-year residence in Malta and proof of title of residential property in Malta.
- Schengen Residence status for 1 year prior to issue of passport, issued on application.
- Visa free access to 166 countries including UK, Schengen and Canada.
- The Malta program meets all legal requirements and is guaranteed by the Government of Malta. With one of the worlds strictest due diligence processes and vetting of all applicants, Malta ensures only highly respectable applicants are admitted.
- The program offers Irrevocable citizenship for your lifetime and your future generations
- No need to renounce your current citizenship(s).
- Access to state of the art healthcare and education.
- EU citizenship gives right of establishment in all 28 EU countries and Switzerland.
- Stable political climate in a highly respected country.
- Highly respected jurisdiction for incorporating low-tax companies with low income tax, no capital gains tax and no inheritance tax.
- Excellent banking centre with a presence of major international banks.
Visa Free Countries
Maltese passport/citizenship (Visa-free and visa-on-arrival countries)
Antigua & Barbuda
São Tomé and Príncipe
Hong Kong (SAR China)
*please note that according to UK policy, you can stay for up to 6months a year
Steps and Procedures
The Permanent Residency scheme requires applicants to provide detailed documentation as follows:
- Branches & Partners shall pre-screen your passport copy for Government pre-approval to ensure fast processing.
- A down payment of the professional fees will be required to open your application.
- Branches & Partners will provide assistance and advise with regards to the collection of the documents required in the checklist and complete the government forms.
Branches & Partners will guide you to a Maltese property that fully satisfies your requirements and start preparing property purchase/rental documentation required to be presented for Residency application.
An application is formally submitted to Identity Malta with the essential supporting documents. The Maltese Government will perform a further due diligence and on completion a decision will be made to either grant citizenship, decline citizenship or request further documentation from the applicant. Applicant is assigned a client reference number.
The applicants must travel to Malta to apply for legal residence and acquire a residency card.
The application is submitted and further due diligence will be performed by the Maltese government and on completion a decision will be made to either grant citizenship, decline citizenship or request further documentation from the applicant before making a decision.
An approval in principal letter will be issued by the government if successful. This takes approximately 4 months
Identity Malta requests payment of remaining balance on contribution. This must be paid with 25 days of final approval.
- Within 4 months is necessary to show a copy of your property contract (lease or purchase), confirmation bonds/stocks acquired, and proof that suitable medical coverage is in place.
- Property purchase funds and taxes transferred.
The applicant and dependents must visit Malta for Oath of Allegiance and provide bio-metrics for the passports. The Maltese Government will issue Certificate of naturalization
* The granting of residence permits and citizenship is at the sole discretion of the Maltese Government but, generally, the application is only denied if the due diligence reveals that the applicant has made false statements in the application forms or other submitted documents; has engaged in criminal activities or is under investigation in relation to criminal activities; or has (or is alleged to have been) engaged in or associated with any activity that would bring disrepute to Malta
The Malta program includes three financial requirements:
- A contribution to the development of Malta
- A purchase of stocks/bonds
- A property transaction (property rental or property purchase)
Concession fee for dependants
Due diligence fees
Branches & Partners professional fees, official application fees, certificates of citizenship & passports, courier & other disbursements are the only other costs associated.
A full-itemized quotation with no hidden costs is provided.
Malta Individual Investor – Passport Program
The Malta Individual Investor Program offers Citizenship in an EU member state. This EU passport program offers investors access to all 28 EU member countries.
Malta citizenship is granted to individuals who have held residency status in Malta for a period of 12 months. This is immediately preceding the issue date of the certificate of naturalization and having undergone a strict Malta due diligence.
The applicant must retain a residence in Malta for a minimum period of 5 years. In addition, the investment in a Government approved financial institution must also be maintained for a minimum of 5 years.
Having a Malta passport program benefits your future generations with increased political and economic freedom, as well as significant educational opportunities in the West.
If you’re interested in the Malta Individual Investor Program, please contact our team for a confidential consultation. We will be happy to assist you through the process of obtaining a best Malta passport program and citizenship.